Clinical Care Associates, LCSW, PC, has formulated a minimum 24-sessions, Court approved, Domestic Violence Intervention Program, designed to provide a basic foundation to men and women who have been mandated by the judicial system to undergo an evaluation and/or intervention when indicated. We work closely with all referring agencies in order to provide a collaborative and containment model approach to ending domestic violence.
Evaulation and Assessment Includes:
- Identification of the domestic violence offense cycle and related precursors
- Identification of abusive behavioral patterns
- Assessment of individual needs
- Identification of interpersonal deficits
- Assessment of the likelihood of continued risk to their partners, children and the community (lethality assessment)
- Determination of the most appropriate clinical setting
- Identification of additional patterns of criminal behaviors
Additional Assessment Options:
- Mental Health Evaluations
- Drug/Alcohol Evaluations
The following are some of the areas of focus of our program:
- Defining abuse and the cycle of violence
- Understanding anger, manipulation, power, control and effective use of time out.
- Drugs and Alcohol: The connection to domestic violence
- Impact of domestic violence on children
- Effective communication with domestic partners
- Basic conflict resolution skills
- Playing the tape to the end: Consequential Thinking.
Program purpose, Goals and Rules of the program, Duty to Warn and Limited Confidentiality are discussed with new clients.
OUR GOAL: NO MORE VICTIMS!
Call: (631) 475-8641 (English), (631) 289- 5353 (Spanish)