Anger Management: (12 Sessions Minimum)
- Experiencing stress/anger in dealing with others or life circumstances,
- Experiencing frustrations at the workplace with bosses, coworkers or clients,
- Experiencing relationship problems as a result of anger,
- Mandated to an Anger Management Program by the courts.
The program includes skills in stress management, impulse control, training in communication, behavior control, judgment exploration, empathy, and positive focus and exploring/taking responsibility for ones self.
We assist our clients in:
- Exploring sadness and frustration that conceals itself with anger.
- Learning to recognize the early signs of anger.
- Recognize Impulses and how to control them.
- Learning how to change anger driven behaviors before negatively impacting relationships.
- Learning the value of positive self-talk.
- Reducing stressors.
- Recognizing destructive patterns.
- Taking control of your own behavior.
- Improving empathy and social awareness.
- Practicing communications skills.
- Reducing aggressive responses.
Another component to the anger management group is enhancing self-esteem. They will learn how their level of self-esteem directly affects their lives.
Some concepts explored:
- Making Requests vs. Making Demands
- Cooling Down vs. Blowing Up
- Wanting Something vs. Feeling Entitled
- Coping with “You”
- Dealing with “Them”
- How to say what you mean and mean what you say
- Getting angry the old way vs. evaluating the new way