Anger Management: (12 Sessions Minimum)
- Experiencing stress/anger in dealing with others or life circumstances,
- Experiencing frustrations at the workplace with bosses, coworkers or clients,
- Experiencing relationship problems as a result of anger,
- Mandated to an Anger Management Program by the courts.
*Clinical Care Associates is an authorized provider by the New York State Court System.
The program includes skills in stress management, impulse control, training in communication, behavior control, judgment exploration, empathy, and positive focus and exploring/taking responsibility for ones self.
We assist our clients in:
- Exploring sadness and frustration that conceals itself with anger.
- Learning to recognize the early signs of anger.
- Recognize Impulses and how to control them.
- Learning how to change anger driven behaviors before negatively impacting relationships.
- Learning the value of positive self-talk.
- Reducing stressors.
- Recognizing destructive patterns.
- Taking control of your own behavior.
- Improving empathy and social awareness.
- Practicing communications skills.
- Reducing aggressive responses.
Another component to the anger management group is enhancing self-esteem. They will learn how their level of self-esteem directly affects their lives.
Some concepts explored:
- Making Requests vs. Making Demands
- Cooling Down vs. Blowing Up
- Wanting Something vs. Feeling Entitled
- Coping with “You”
- Dealing with “Them”
- How to say what you mean and mean what you say
- Getting angry the old way vs. evaluating the new way
About the Safeguard Program
Clinical Care Associates Safeguard Program was developed for the sole purpose of providing a safe environment for all children that are or will be attending family reunification through supervised visitations. Under the child safety guidelines already established by State agencies, such as Child Protective Services, Clinical Care Associates’ Safeguard Program enhances those guidelines by providing additional conditions to the supervised visitation process with mandated clients.
Safeguard candidates attend a 2 day seminar that consists of a psycho-educational screening of each candidate’s eligibility as a child visitation supervisor. Through inter-agency cooperation, information is shared about each potential candidate. Inter-agency information on child visitation supervision is ongoing for as long as such supervision is ordered by the referring agency and or the Court.
Clinical Care Associates’ Safeguard Program focuses on making child protection an integral part of existing practices for managing and preventing risk for children who are or will be going through the process of family reunification.
- protect all children from physical and emotional harm, including all forms of physical and mental violence, injury or abuse (including sexual abuse), neglect or negligent treatment, maltreatment or exploitation.
- prevent, reduce, manage and, where possible, avoid risks relating to children and young people.
Our Safeguard Program is offered to potential candidates that are seeking child visitation supervision.
The Safeguard Program is presented in a series of modules that include background checks of potential candidates, child safety education, physical, psychological, emotional and child sexual abuse symptomatology and prevention.
“GOOD CHILD SUPERVISION LEADS TO A CHILD’S SAFETY”
Poor Safeguards could lead to the onset or perpetuation of child abuse, therefore, it is imperative to provide children with a safe environment that could facilitate the visitation process. It is just as important to provide all adults that are willing to participate in the child visitation supervision process, with complete knowledge of the responsibilities that entails such supervised visits.
For more information please call (631) 289-5353 (English/Spanish)